Sunday 24 June 2018

HOW TO MAKE POM POMS










There are always few things which attracts both children and adults, and I am the one among adults who still love POM POMS. I also love making them. When I was a kid my mom used to make Pompoms for us and I would tie them as decorative item on my bedpost or on my cap. I love them so much. They are easy to make, although nowadays there are some tools available for them which makes it’s handling easy but back in my childhood I have tried my mom method. 

My Mom used to make these pompoms with hands using her fingers and I will be showing you here how to make these. Another method which my Russian art teacher taught us was cutting cart board in circle and then make a small hole into it and turn yarn around it.


 Honestly I tried the later method once or twice and was never succeeded but I watched my teacher several time she made them with card board so perfectly. The card board method seemed a bit slow to me and as I get bore with slow stuff  I never give a second try. But that card board is more similar to the recently available Pom Pom makers which are easily available at any online store easily .
Now let’s make Pom Pom with my mother’s method.



What you will need:


Yarn of beautiful colors

Scissors
 

How to make:



Step 1: First place the end of the yarn on your fingers. You can use three or four of your fingers . the one with three fingers will b smaller than the one with four fingers.






Step 2: Then turn yarn around you fingers. Make sure you don't tightly hold your fingers neither tie the yarn so tightly , rather turn in round gently. Make 130 rounds for a lighter one or  180 rounds for a denser one .




Step 3: After that take atleast 15 inches yarn piece and remove the cluster of yarn with great care from you fingers. Place the cluster of yarn on the piece of yarn in such a way that the piece of yarn comes in center.



Step 4: Now make a knot tightly, flip the cluster up side down and again make two knots tightly.



Step 5: Next, start cutting the yarn , first cut the right side then the left one . Make sure that you don't cut the yarn piece used for tying.



Step 6: Lastly give shape to the pom pom by marked cutting. The cutting should be excessive in such a way that the size reduce to half. Also take care to move in circle to give a proper round shape .



Your Pom Pom is ready now use it in several projects.

Here are few DIY projects you can try.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment