Sunday 1 July 2018

HOW I PICKED CROCHET HOOK


There is always a big story hidden behind every successful story, and behind the hidden story there is a starting story. Today I am going to share with you my starting story of how I learned crochet. So first let’s put the Struggle of Learning Crochet in words.
It was 2012, when the trend of making handmade bracelets were on peak among school and college girls. My younger sister was in school then and she used to tell me how her class fellows make bracelets in School Van while going back to home. One day I thought why not search for it. So I started random searching for the bracelets on YouTube. Meanwhile different techniques appeared in the recommended videos and the most striking one for me were the macramé handmade bracelets, so I shifted my focus and started searching and downloading different macramé videos. Suddenly I saw a video in which the person was making bracelet with a hook. I was like What Is it? The smooth movement of the hook fascinated me and I downloaded few more related videos.
                                                                                          MY CROCHET HOOK COLLECTION AFTER 7 YEARS




These videos stuck in my head so hard that later I showed my mom the videos and ask her about it. Upon looking to my Pc screen my mom said, “Ahaaaan it is corochetia.” (The word used for crochet hook in Urdu/Pashto). I was like “Eeeee what?” She said CORO CHET IA. I said WHATEVER (couldn’t even tried to pronounce back lol) just buy me this.
Days went by and I forgot to buy the hook. Then something unexpected
happen. Let me share the story.
                
 “ My mom was stitching my sisters dress and she made a mistake by cutting the neck so deep, she was so worried that one day she discussed it with my elder sister’s mother-in –law about the blunder. She without a
blink of eye said, “I will make a corochetia neck with it.” 
She took the dress with her and returned after few days. Upon seeing the crochet neck I went in shock out of surprise. I didn’t believe my eyes that something that much beautiful can be made without machine. And that was the day when I decided that I WILL learn this and I now feel that it was my best decision ever.
. So  after couple of days my mom bought me a double sided hook. Here is that hook, I still have it yayeee.
This hook is so close to my heart, it helped me in all my up and downs of crochet. Let me show you the few things I made with some old yarn my granny gave to my sister.


                               
WHATS YOUR OPINION? ARE THEY WORTH APPRECIABLE FOR A BEGINNER? LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW
 


The story didn’t end here rather the interesting part is here to come. Few days later I asked mom to bring me some yarn and she brought me a bag full of skeins. I still remember how excited I was. So what I did to the yarn is that I took it to my college and asked a group of few friends to join me. They showed great interest and we made several small items. Soon we decided to why not make something big. 
 And here is the first bigeeeeeeeest project we made .
I used the same yarn my mother brought me. You can see how flawed this bag is, because we didn’t followed any pattern as I didn’t know what a pattern is? Hahaahhaha. We were a group of 4 and everyone made few squares with different sizes (they actually tried best to make equal :D) and I with my New In Field vision somehow manage to join them.
This is my story, share your story too. I hope something relatable woild have inspired you too

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I like your pineapple dress pattern. I've made one similar in the past. I learned to crochet when I was 8 years old, making granny squares. A friend who was 9 taught me! I have made numerous afgans, sweaters, etc.... Mostly now I make baby dresses & sweaters. I learned to knit at 7 years old from a school teacher. I have continued to knit & crochet in the last fifty years even though I mostly sew & make quilts now. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3 . i will be posting some more baby dresses soon

      Delete